So, I'm back now having travelled to Gwalior, Datia, Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna and Ken Ghariyal and Bandavgarh National Parks, Jabalpur, Bedhaghat, Bhopal, Pachmarhi, Sanchi, Udaigiri, Vidisha, Bhimbetka and Bhojpur - all belonging to the state called the heart of India, Madhya Pradesh, which I would describe as the very quintessence of India's natural splendor, and rich artistic and cultural heritage.
Having returned I realized that I did explore 11 UNESCO World Heritage Sites of India and I feel pretty good about it. Here's the list:
- Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh
- Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus,
- Churches and Convents of Goa
- Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh
- Humayun's Tomb, Delhi
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Madhya Pradesh
- Qutub Minar and its monuments,
- Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
Red Fort, New Delhi
- Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh
I hope to post about my experiences in each place in days to come.
My dear friends, please accept my good wishes for the New Year that has begun today and heartfelt thanks to all those who wish me good. A very Happy 2008 to all!