January 27, 2011

All is Well

This post is in response to those who inquired what I have been upto
because it’s been a while since I’ve been active in the blog world,
and also others who may be interested in my photographs.


~~~

The weather in Kuwait has been pleasant lately. After my return from India, Rajasthan trip in particular, I have been spending considerable time outdoors. It has been a good time living out my hobbies and interests.

I have indulged in activities that I enjoy indoors. With windows wide open - few rare times when weather permits in this part of the world - and spending time at home to catch up on some reading, writing, watching movies has been indeed good.

I’ve been making visits to the Scientific Center and spending hours particularly watching the fascinating 'sea-world' there.

Near the Scientific Center

Some of the other activities outdoors have been heading to different beaches for endless jogs, followed by long walks, and a few trips deep into the desert.

Pick up a 'chai' and head to the beach

Bicycling has been possible because of good weather, and now I've got my own bicycle which is hauled into my SUV up to the beach to begin biking from there along the long stretches.

Area where I generally bicycyle

I have started with a new hobby: Angling. Or Fishing, if you prefer this term. Not a trip to the sea with the fishermen, but with a newly acquired rod. So far I haven't caught a single fish, but that will not stop me. After all, there is something cathartic about testing patience waiting for a bite in the serene atmosphere when the weather is fully in one's favor.

It has been good to do skywatching, as usual.

Wild west from the Kuwait Towers

As always, no matter which part of the world I am in, if I am up early, I stop by to catch the first rays of the rising sun...

Sunrise: 7:15 am

.... but almost every evening watch the last rays at sunset.

Sunset: 17:46

I hope carrying my camera around for some shots on certain days has made this post less drab because of the photographs I'm sharing here.

So that’s it, all from the local scene. My other travel stories should continue in days to come.

~~~
Go view many more interesting skies around the world at:
SkyWatch


28 comments:

Nature Rambles said...

Good to know about your latest activities. And thanks for sharing these marvelous photos. The skyscapes are stunning...more so because the landscape is totally different from what we see around here. Happy angling!

cyclopseven said...

Great shots. Mesmerising.

Anshul Kesarwani said...

your blog is as wonderful as your photography:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful light in every picture. I especially enjoy the pier shot.

Regina said...

Theare are beautiful captures!
Wonderful post.
Happy weekend ahead.

Skywatch Friday"

Photo Cache said...

i'm really glad to hear good weather where you are. same here our weather has been unseasonably pleasant. feeling guilty about our brothers and sisters in north, northeast where the snow doesn't stop falling :(

Ebie said...

It would be nice to be at the foot bridge and hang a rod until something takes the bait! what lovely places you have shown us!

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Nice captures. I really like the 3rd and 5th photo.

joco said...

Not a bad life......

The pier sticking out into
the golden sea is an abiding image.
And I adore the header.So realistic:
I feel like you are going to hand me the thermos any minute, after an invigorating hike :-)
Where have we just been walking?

Kenneth Larsson said...

Nice photos and blog!

Greetings from Sweden! :-)

Kim, USA said...

Wow such and amazing view. Thanks for the visit!
Sky Watch

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for this very beautiful post. Sounds like you are living a full life and doing well. That is just great. Thanks for sharing this part of the world.

Ms. Becky said...

yes, each one beautiful. especially the pier photo. happy SWF!

Rajesh said...

Great to see you back in the blog world. Terrific shots.

chitra said...

Pictures are lovely, Happy fishing too.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My Sky shots, have a great weekend!

Indrani said...

Beautiful captures Celine.
I should get up early more often.

Mridula said...

Your sunrise picture is stunning and so is your cycling area. Good to see you blogging again.

R. Ramesh said...

wow enjoyed reading this post and seeing the clicks..keep the cheers buddy

Mark Kreider said...

I feel lucky to have found your blog through the efforts of the Sky Watch team. Your beautiful photos are stylish in their composition and they show me the lovely place that is your home. Thank you!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Molto belli questi cieli !
Buona serata :)
Myriam

EG CameraGirl said...

Sea water and beautiful skies always make wonderful photos. I'm so glad to see you are blogging again! You have such a good eye for what makes an interesting photo, Celine!

Priyank said...

Hi Celine, Welcome back! The sunrise photo is really beautiful. Hope you catch some fish soon, not just rubber boots, haha. :-)

Lakshmi said...

good to see you back..you are one helluva inspiration - the amount of things that you juggle with :)

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Good to know that you're doing good! Keep sharing your beautiful photos.

Sree Narayana Guru Mandiram said...

Pics are excellent with sunset background.

Ms.N said...

Love the sunrise@7:15 pic... but its almost unreal!!!

sandeep said...

was looking at a cached page and was wondering why no posts after the post on 'rajasthan trip' - glad i reloaded the page :)