March 4, 2010

SWF: Mommy

January 2010. It was my second trip to Ooty in Tamilnadu. For hill station standards, Ooty was sadly getting more and more crowded over time.

I took a bus to Coonoor expecting the place to be peaceful and quiet, but the town was not to be so. However a few miles out of town, it was beautiful! Walking through the tea estates and checking out a few hiking trails around Coonoor kept me cheerful for the next few days.

These pictures were shot near Dolphin’s Nose Point, 10 km from Coonoor town. The vast expanse of the lush green Nilgiri hills and its valleys, waterfalls, the flora and fauna captivated me. I was attracted to Catherine Falls in the far distance and went hiking there next day but that is another story...




Someone rightly said:
“Biology is the least of
what makes someone a mother.”

Do go watch many interesting skies at Sky Watch Friday.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the monkey are just amazing! How did you capture that??? That's hard!

indicaspecies said...

Zhu,
Thanks.
I spent about ten minutes watching them, and photographing, and they were at quite a distance! The last shot of the little one suckling was difficult but I managed to get it finally.:)

Laura said...

These are so beautiful, the face of that baby sleeping against it's mother's breast at the bottom is my absolute favorite. I can't wait to show these to my daughters, they will love them! I love skywatch so much...what a delight to see what is happening around the world! Thanks for stopping by my blog too:)

SandyCarlson said...

The tender love in the face of those monkeys. Touching.

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous photos, they are such sweet little creatures. Thanks for sharing with us.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Celine: Oh so beautiful a capture of the monkeys in the sky. I love your landscape photo, outstanding part of the world.

Lindz said...

how beautiful in there, love to be in the mountainous part myself

Kcalpesh said...

Excellent pictures! Great clarity and focus!
Pixellicious Photos

rainboy said...

Another trip :)

You are going to be responsible for me running away from home ;D

Rinkly Rimes said...

What a beautiful area. But it must be odd for a mother to have a baby looking older than she does! All very maternal, though.

Mridula said...

Beautiful pictures Celine.

Regina said...

Beautiful skies and amazing captures!

lisa mertins said...

oh, wonderful photos! the first one's composition is lovely.

Trotter said...

Hi Celine! That's a wonderful post... But how would you want Ooty to be quiet if everybody (following your Kantian example) is going there... ;))

Blogtrotter 2 has moved to the Reggae Land. Enjoy and have a great week ahead!!

Unseen India Tours said...

What beautiful shots !!!

Indrani said...

Great shots of a willing model. :)

AJEYA RAO said...

MOnkey's are one of the most beautiful subjects for photograph. :-) I have couple of good one's capturing their acts

Lio Popov said...

Wow! Mother love! Thank you!

Johnny Nutcase said...

Awesome! All of them are excellent, looks like a beautiful spot so spend some time hiking! I wanna go!