January 23, 2010

2009: Another Year of Travel

Hello friends. My best wishes for a happy new year.

The year 2009 has been a good one for me. That applies also to my travels. Here’s a summary:

1. Feb 2009: Egypt, the Land of Ancient Wonders
Cairo, Giza, Dashour, Memphis, Alexandria, Aswan, Agilika, Abu-Simbel, Karnata, Luxor, and to the Sinai regions of Sharm-El-Sheikh and St. Catherine.

2. May 2009: Celebrate the Open Road
Mumbai, Andheri, Varsova, Thane, Shahpur, Kasara Ghats, Nasik, Sinnar, Shirdi and return to Mumbai via Ghoti.

3. July 2009: Egypt Revisited
Marsa Alam, Esna, Edfu, Karnak and via the Sinai region, to Luxor again.

4. Aug-Sep 2009: India Travels and India Travels-continued
Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, and then via Delhi to Mussorie and Landour, and continuing travels to Cochin and Mangalore in the monsoons.

5. Oct-Dec 2009: Greetings from New York
My trip to USA lasted from mid-October to early December. Of course, it is not practical to elaborate on it here but am glad it covered quite a few places, thanks to my sabbatical. It included travels from the East coast to the West in the following states: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Ohio and California.

My previous travels to USA have been once in the Summer, and then another in Winter (*argh* *shiver* it was so cold then that I almost bribed the alley cats for a snuggle in those days;)).
Anyway, this last trip began during the Autumn season and then, not being a fan of extreme cold (as you probably guessed by now), I was glad to get back just as the freezing winds of winter began to howl. Now, did I hear someone whisper: How about a trip in Spring? Shh...Don't tempt me!

6. Dec 2009: Greetings from Hampi
Towards the end of 2009, I took a flight to Mumbai that was soon followed by another to Bangalore to spend Christmas there, and then began a road journey that covered a good number of places. To name a few: Mysore, Hampi, Hospet, Madikere, Kushalnagar (and Dubare Elephant Camp), Ooty, Coonor, Kotagiri, Coimbatore, Kannur (Cannanore) and, though I am supposedly a resident of Mumbai now, as always, I ended up at my native place, Mangalore.
~~~

To all those who inquired during my absence here the past few weeks, and wished me well, I am grateful. Thank you for your good wishes. Yes, I am just done with writing a few more examinations, and am free again. Free to either:
  • take up a new challenge of earning another degree learning something new; or
  • start with a new job; or
  • maybe travel some more!
I am sure all of you had a good 2009 and here’s hoping that the new year has begun well for you. Do let me know. All the best for 2010.

7 comments:

Anuradha Shankar said...

Wish you too a wonderful and travel filled year ahead!!

Shrinidhi Hande said...

Good to read... Wish you much more travel in 2010

sandeep said...

thats a wonderful list - wish u a gr8 2010 as well

Mridula said...

Egypt sounds so exotic! May you travel more in 2010.

Trotter said...

Great year!!

indicaspecies said...

Anu,
Shrinidhi,
Sandeep,
Mridula,
Gil,

Thank you all.:)

Priyank said...

Pheww!! On the road girl! Were you ever home?? Wish you the best for the new year (I am only 2.5 months late in wishing, but its good to get wishes, right?)